Who are we?
Immerge is a specialist recruitment firm, where we connect top talent with leading companies in the engineering sector. At Immerge, we are committed to helping companies find the right candidates who can bring technical expertise and industry-specific knowledge to their organizations. Our Client:
Immerge has established a partnership with a leading consultancy to provide a comprehensive suite of services, including design, construction, maintenance, and facilities management for Sydney Water Projects.
Our client's successful team members benefit from a stable and enduring pipeline of captivating and demanding projects in a contemporary workplace that encourages, acknowledges, and rewards innovation and collaboration. The Opportunity: Design Engineers - Water Projects
In response to ongoing and anticipated increases in workload, they are currently seeking additional Design Engineers to bolster the Engineering and Design team.
Design Engineers will be responsible for:
- Liaising with Client representatives and other relevant parties to identify opportunities for design improvements leading to construction schedule/cost optimisation
- Managing the preparation and review of accurate design documentation across a range of work scopes including water infrastructure, waste-water infrastructure, road pavements, earthworks
- Development of technical documents required for procurement
- Working with Technical Specialists to ensure specification compliance, and technical integrity of design
- Providing construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning support
- Undertaking project design area responsibility and contributing to the contract administration of engineering works
- Being accountable for the successful design delivery on assigned projects.
This role holds significant strategic importance for our future growth and influence. We seek individuals with a proactive attitude, strong consultation skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, and a track record of delivering results. Successful candidates will excel as team players and be adept at collaborating with various stakeholders, including influencing project leaders and assisting highly technical engineers in understanding commercial priorities. Ideal candidates should possess:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a Design Engineer
- Extensive experience in the detailed design phase of complex engineering projects - Water as a preference, infrastructure and buildings
- Extensive knowledge of local and international Codes and Standards.
- Knowledge and experience using AutoCAD, MS Office and similar project delivery systems
- Critical thinking and problem-solving working skills with the ability to set priorities and manage own time
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working on site in a fast-paced construction environment is highly preferred
To be part of our client's exciting large scale projects, please click apply with your updated CV and reach out to Dom for a confidential conversation on this role and the Engineering market in general. email@example.com
Connect with me too for ongoing market and job updates, I look forward to working with you. Dom - https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominic-sheppard/