Who are we?
Immerge is a specialist recruitment firm, where we connect top talent with leading companies in the engineering sector. At Immerge, we are committed to helping companies find the right candidates who can bring technical expertise and industry-specific knowledge to their organizations.The Role: Principal Mechanical Engineer - Pumps & Pipes
You will collaborate with talented and diverse professionals working on iconic projects to drive future-ready outcomes that will benefit clients and communities. Key Responsibilities: Design Delivery of Projects
Experience we are looking for:
- Engage in study design, engineering, and project management across various fields.
- Lead the scope and budget development in response to clients' needs.
- Collaborate with the wider resources team and other teams within the company nationally and internationally to deliver clients' outcomes.
What is on Offer
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, including Chartered status (CPEng, RPEQ) or ability to obtain.
- Have proven local experience in design and project management, preferably within a consulting environment. Experience in the Iron Ore mining industry is highly regarded.
- Demonstrate experience in leading the technical design of mineral slurry pumps, pipelines, piping systems, process plants, and topside equipment.
- Manage design teams, including oversight and mentoring of junior engineers.
- Experience in client interfacing roles, managing multi-discipline studies, and detailed design projects, ensuring scope, budget, schedule, and quality outcomes.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of codes and standards, with a good understanding of piping engineering practices applicable to mining piping design.
- Experience in managing proposal development is essential.
• Flexibility: You'll have the option to work in-office for two days each week.
• Above-market salary and contract rates
• Location: Newcastle, Sydney or Brisbane.
• Option of Permanent work or 12-24 Month Contract with Potential for Extension
Our client is a well-established global company specializing in heavy minerals mining and processing. They are widely recognized as leaders in the mining infrastructure sector, known for their commitment to delivering exceptional engineering solutions. Next Steps
If you are interested in hearing more, please click apply with your updated CV and reach out to Dom for a confidential conversation on this role and the Engineering market in general. firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to connect with me on Linkedin, and please also follow Immerge's Linkedin page for regular job postings and market updates.
We look forward to working with you,
Dom | Immerge | Australia