Who are we?
Immerge is a specialist recruitment firm, where we connect top talent with leading companies in the engineering sector. At Immerge, we are committed to helping companies find the right candidates who can bring technical expertise and industry-specific knowledge to their organizations. About Our Client:
Our client is a prominent ecological consulting firm dedicated to fostering sustainable partnerships and ecological equilibrium in both NSW, VIC and QLD.
In light of their sustained growth, they currently have openings for an accomplished Senior Ecologist to join their Ecology Team, with opportunities available at both locations. Position: Senior Ecologist
This is a full-time permanent position that offers the flexibility of remote work. As a Senior Ecologist, your duties will encompass:
To thrive in this role, you should possess:
- Conducting fieldwork as needed, including the possibility of travel across various regions of New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, and Australia.
- Managing a wide range of BDAR (Biodiversity Assessment and Reporting) and BSSAR (Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessment and Reporting) projects across the state.
- Nurturing professional relationships with clients spanning the resources and infrastructure, government and defense, residential, and aviation sectors.
- Taking on leadership and mentoring roles within the field of ecology, guiding and supporting fellow ecologists and fauna field team members.
- Overseeing ecological projects from their initial scoping and client interactions, through field flora and fauna surveys, to final commercial delivery.
- Preparing research materials, conducting analysis, performing field surveys, carrying out impact assessments, securing approvals, and crafting technical reports.
- Assisting in the creation of submissions and proposals.
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of environmental regulations at the Commonwealth, state, and local government levels, as well as relevant industry standards, practices, and approval procedures.
Company Benefits You'll Enjoy:
- A degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology, or a related field.
- Ideally a minimum of 8 years of practical experience, involving project management, field-based surveys, data analysis, and reporting, preferably with consulting experience.
- A willingness to primarily engage with a team dedicated to delivering Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessments and offset strategies, which may include ecological reports such as BSSARs, monitoring reports, and impact assessments (BDARs and FFAs).
- Highly desirable skills in vegetation community identification and botanical expertise within the regions of NSW, VIC or QLD.
- A distinct advantage would be possessing an existing BAM accreditation; alternatively, you should be motivated and capable of becoming BAM accredited based on your prior experience.
- Demonstrated ability to offer technical ecological guidance on diverse and large-scale projects, while also providing technical supervision to junior team members.
- Extensive experience in conducting ecological surveys within the NSW, VIC or QLD regions.
- A willingness to travel throughout NSW, VIC or QLD for fieldwork assignments.
- An eagerness to mentor our junior team members.
In addition to a competitive salary and allowances that align with your experience level, you'll have access to a range of company benefits, including:
- Senior-level support to foster your career growth within the organization.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- An anniversary awards program.
- A generous employee referral initiative.
- Professional development and learning opportunities.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentorship possibilities.
- A comprehensive paid parental leave policy.
- Participation in community fundraising events and an engaging company culture.
If you are interested in hearing more, please click apply with your updated CV and reach out to Dom for a confidential conversation on this role and the Engineering market in general. firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to connect with me on Linkedin, and please also follow Immerge's Linkedin page for regular job postings and market updates.
We look forward to working with you,
Dom | Immerge | Australia