Who are we?
Immerge is a specialist recruitment firm, where we connect top talent with leading companies in the engineering sector. At Immerge, we are committed to helping companies find the right candidates who can bring technical expertise and industry-specific knowledge to their organizations. The Role: Structural Design Drafter -ProSteel, Advanced Steel
We are presently searching for an accomplished Structural Designer to join our client's mining infrastructure team. Your role will involve overseeing a diverse range of projects, from their initial concepts to successful commissioning, within the dynamic mining industry.
Essential Qualifications and Skills In order to be considered for this position:
- Reporting to the lead designer, you will part of talented team of structural engineers and designers to deliver of all structural related elements relating to material handling facilities as well as non process infrastructure.
- Support the development of 3D models
- Producing 2D drawings using MicroStation from 3D models.
- Detailed checking of steel and concrete drawings
- Support the coordination of workshare between various offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
What is on Offer
- Awarded a 2 or 3 year technical diploma with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5-8 years plus experience in structural design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector
- Prior experience of working within medium to large projects within multidiscipline environment is essential
- Experience in concrete design including checking is essentia
- Worked in a project with a 3D modelling workflow
- Extensive experience in Microstation is required.
- Sound knowledge of 3D package Prosteel is required
• Flexibility: You'll have the option to work in-office for two days each week.
• Above-market contract rates
• Location: Newcastle.
• Initial 12-24 Month Contract with Potential for Extension
Our client is a well-established global company specializing in heavy minerals mining and processing. They are widely recognized as leaders in the mining infrastructure sector, known for their commitment to delivering exceptional engineering solutions. Next Steps
If you are interested to hear more, please click apply with your updated CV and reach out to Dom for a confidential conversation on this role and the Engineering market in general. email@example.com
Welcome to connect with me on Linkedin, and please also follow Immerge's Linkedin page for regular job postings and market updates.
We look forward to working with you,
Dom | Immerge | Australia